We are back with a bang! India’s Biggest Queer Film Festival returns for its third edition in 2012. Submissions are now open for all categories, including for the competition section. Filmmakers from India and across the world can submit features, documentaries and short films that highlight/focus on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer themes and expressions.
KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is the first and only gay & lesbian film festival in India to be held in a mainstream theatre and the only queer festival to receive clearance from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
KASHISH 2012 will be held in Mumbai from May 23-27, 2012 simultaneously at two venues - a mainstream multiplex theatre and at Alliance Francaise de Bombay. The festival is organized by Solaris Pictures and Bombay Dost in association with The Humsafar Trust.
While the landmark first edition was held at PVR Cinemas, Juhu, from April 22-25, 2010 and screened 110 films from 25 countries, the second edition was held at Cinemax, Versova between May 25-29, 2011 and proved to bigger, bolder and queerer. Both the years, the festival was held simultaneously in South Mumbai at Alliance Francaise de Bombay.
The second edition in 2011 screened 124 films from 23 countries over five days and had 67.5% capacity turnout with about 6225 audience footfalls. Seven films were awarded with the KASHISH 2011 trophies. The guests featured A-list Bollywood actors and actresses, eminent filmmakers and critics, young filmmakers and actors as well as four international filmmakers - Q.Allan Brocka (USA), Rikki Beadle-Blair (UK), Georgette Okey (UK) and John Badalu (Indonesia).
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION: JANUARY 15, 2012
Rules for submission:
· Filmmakers from India and across the world can submit features, documentaries and short films that highlight/focus on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer themes and expressions.
· There is no SUBMISSION FEE to submit the film. Also the festival does not pay Screening Fee since it believes in investing all its resources in showcasing the films to the best possible extent.
· All films, including those in the English language, SHOULD be subtitled in English.
· The festival has both competitive and non-competitive sections.
· Only films completed after January 1, 2009 can be submitted. Only films completed after January 1, 2011 will be eligible for Competition.
· LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION: JANUARY 15, 2012 (postmarked).
· The festival encourages you to apply early since previews begin mid November.
How to submit your film?
This year we have tried to move into a paperless submission process. Please fill out the KASHISH 2012 ONLINE FILM SUBMISSION FORM at the following link:
After filling out the form, you will be advised where to send the DVD or Digital file of your film. We look forward to receiving your film and participation with your film in KASHISH 2012.
For information about the festival, please visit official website http://mumbaiqueerfest.com or official blog http://kashishmiqff.blogspot.com.
For inquiries email us at: email@example.com